31 May 2008

Longer pants

I made a few pants for V's daughter C who's one year older than DD. But because I never got a chance to measure her, I did some estimates and made them slightly longer than DD's pants. But C is super tall. So the pants I made were always too short. Like this one:



So I decided to make some amendments so she can wear them longer.

I brought them back from V's home. Then I measured the width of the legs, and cut some 'quite' matching rectangular fabrics, with the length I want to add. Then I sewed the rectangulars into tubes. The pants I made have two layers, so I made 4 tubes, 2 for each leg.


Then I put one tube inside the leg, another outside, right side facing each other, pinned them onto the legs, like this: Then I sewed the four layers together using straight stictch. It destroyed my needle when I was going through one of the seams as the original pants were already too thick (1 layer of PF and 1 layer flannelette, seam at least 4 layers, then adding on another 1 layer of flannelette and 1 layer of PF...).This is after I finished sewing the four layers: Then I pulled out the inner layer
And the outer layer:
There'll be only two layers at the bottom now, the new added part. I folded the raw edge of the two layers inwards and used zigzag stitch to finish: Voila! New longer pants! And another one!

It took me some time to search through my stash to find 'matching and also not so matching' fabrics as I didn't want to use exactly the same fabrics. I love the result. Quite dynamic. I hope V and C will like them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

我的天,天。。。。。呀,这么复杂呀,难怪c每天看着都说妹妹MAMA的,妹妹MAMA的,现在这几条裤子轮着穿,非常喜欢,我是爱不释手。今天BQ的妈妈爸爸来了,我也迫不及待的展示给他们看,C更加是爱死呢。真的非常非常谢谢你了,有了这几条,今年冬天真不怕了。以后再长高,我也收罗几条布来,回头你熟能生巧了,就拜托继续加长?ok?呵呵。以后冬天都不怕了。呵呵哈哈哈哈 vi