Finally! 5 months after the trial bag was made (I carry the trial bag everyday coz it's the most functional bag among all my bags!) I've made this version 1 messenger bag. I love this green dots fabric and I used up all of it for this project.
I'm gonna start carrying it tomorrow. How exciting!
It's smaller than the trial bag and have fewer pockets as I found I didn't need the biggest A4 sized pockets. The cut pieces are as following:
1. outside body:45x60 for vertical fold
2. inner body: 45x60 for vertical fold
3. out front pockets: 45x46 folded in half (it turned out to be too big, next time try 45x36)
4. inner front pockets: 45x46 folded in half (it turned out to be too big, next time try 45x36)
5. strap: 12x114, padding of 3x90 (was gonna cut 114 but there wasn't enough length. but can't tell from end result)
6. flap: 35x50