28 Mar. 2009

Old pants new door stops

I made a few door stops before but obviously we've got more doors than door stops so I've been seeing the need of making more of them.

Last night I got a few minutes at hand so I pulled out a few scraps and started working on more door stops.

The scraps are from my old pants. I made DD a pair of pants from my old pants and have a few pieces of scraps left which I couldn't part with. Now I can put them into very good use.

I tried to write my tutorial but found my English is not good enough to describe such detailed steps. And I can't remember from which blog I learned this tutorial and I've tried but can't find it. But I've seen this post which described exactly what I did. The only difference is my size is smaller (coz I use scraps!) but I'm happy with my size. I cut out about 24x24x24 triangles to make the door stops. The old door stops are about this size and they work just fine so I thought why waste more fabric if they can work in less? Haha.

I made another one from another scrap:
After making these door stops I've realized how much I have progressed in sewing. I remember this was one of my beginning projects when I started sewing in 2007. Unfortunately I didn't have a blog to record my projects back then. Now it's a really eazy pizzy project for me and it really costs almost nothing.

2 comments:

Melissa E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JesseM said...

These are looking good. I've just bought door stops for my every room from Ballard Designs. They are really helpful accessories in your house.