30 Jun. 2009

New bedside table cover

Remember my first bedside table cover? I love it. It's shrinked a little bit so it doesn't fit very well any more. So I decided to use the upholstery fabric I freecycled last Thursday to make a table cover. And I was lucky enough to find a scrap to make it so I can still leave the biggest piece intact for my sofa cover project.

It looks better than I thought, although it took me almost 10 minuts to snap it on because the final product is too short.

This is what it looks like when it's off the table:

As you can see it's a very simple shape. I put snaps at each end so I snap it on the bedside table, just like the original one.

The finished size should be 127x39. There was some error in my calculation so it ended up as 124x39. So you can imagine how hard it was to snap it on. I was really struggling. My fingers still hurt now. But I'm happy I succeeded.

I normally make things too big. This time I wanted it to 'fit' and I got it too small.:(

Next time remember to cut at least 131x43.

No comments: