5 Jul. 2009

Pegs bags

This is a very successful project. It wasn't really on my to-do list. It's just the kind of 'I-want-to-make-something-but-haven't-got-my-to-do-list-on-hand-so-whatever-I-can-think-of' 'project. The pegs bag we've been using has been like 2 years old and it was my first trial pegs bag so you can imagine how raggy it looks like now. So I just grabbed this UP (Unsuccessful Project) that's been sitting in my scraps stash (I was trying to make a new skylight cover/curtain suiting my DH's needs but he decided he the original one I made was better.):


It has two layers, the cream one is my 'one and only' curtain fabric that I've used for various projects. And the black one under it was a bargain I picked up from Spotty that I have used for various household projects too.

I ironed the whole thing and cut out following a clothes hanger. Yeah clothes hanger has played a really big part in my sewing too!

Pinned up:

And sewed:

Then pinned bias tape on:

And sewed the bias tape on.

It looks too nice to hang outside to be tortured by sun and wind and rain and dust. So I decided to keep this cream one as a gift for one of my friends.

I'll use this black one:

I know after days and weeks under the sun the colour will fade (that's why it's no good as a gift) but we'll see.

No comments: