27 Aug. 2009

my first skirt

I made my first skirt on the train to the Stitches and Crafts Show last
Saturday.

It was cut out together with my first pair of pants long time ago and after
having a hard time sewing the pants on the sewing machine (because the
fabric is so hard to sew) I didn't want to start this skirt. So I left it
there waiting for a 'handsewing' time to come. The Stitches and Craft Show
was 'THE' time. I knew it would take me about 1.5 hours to get there so I
took this project with me.

There were 6 pieces to sew. I hand sewed them altogether and hemmed the
bottom and sewed the casing for elastic. It took me 1.5 hours to get to the
show and 1.5 hours to get back and after that I sat on the bench at the
station to finish the last few stitches.

The skirt was perfect. I loved it. It's just not warm enough to wear it yet.
I'm so excited and can't wait to sew more skirts. Now I love my fingers more
than my sewing machine.....

No comments: