23 Sep. 2009

new seat belt covers

I made these seat belt covers a couple of days ago. I made two trial versions and they'd been working in the cars for over a year before I finally realized how dirty they were and decided to make new ones to replace them.

The top 2 are denim and bottom 3 are quilting cotton I believe, all from my scraps stash. I make seat belt covers because in summer the seat belts scratches my skin (due to less clothes and more exposure of skin), so it has to be cotton.

The other side all polar fleece, all from my scraps stash too, just to add some cushion and comfort:

The size is about 20cm x 15cm. I use snaps to fasten them around the seat belts.

I was trying to take a photo of them in action after I made them at night and the camera couldn't focus well. Below is the only good photo where one of them is on DD's carseat coz she insisted she should have a share too....

No comments: