22 Nov. 2011

Refashioned baby dress

As DD2 grows some of her clothes I try to refashion them so they can fit her again. Recently I finally found some time to refashion.

Here's a pretty dress that was a gift but only worn once or twice. It was a size 00.

Photobucket
I cut the bottom part off. It's basically a rectangle.
Photobucket
Here's a size 1 bodysuit which is too small for DD2.
Photobucket
I cut the top part off. Now it looks like a tshirt. I ruffled the bottom of the dress.
Photobucket
And attached the ruffle to the 'tshirt'. A new dress!
Photobucket
It was too plain. I used some scraps of the dress and made a narrow ruffle and decided to wrap the ruffle around the heart of the 'tshirt'. It's much prettier!
Photobucket
This dress looks a little bit big on DD2. But I think she'll grow out of it before the end of this summer!

No comments: